Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Your Legacy


At some point of our lives the one question we may all eventually ask ourselves is why are we here and what's our purpose? Our lives might be a more fulfilling if we knew there were a moment where we had contributed to a better future for others. For myself not being a parent or having ever had offspring of my own, I believe a more promising future lies in the hands of our children. The question for myself is - might there be something I can do to enhance the performance of this worthy task at the hands of our children? Whatever it is I do or can contribute, big or small, to help provide a better life for others shall ultimately be my legacy.

Legacy is a strong word is this day and age when we have heroes, superstars, or public officials who leave strong legacy's comprised by things they had excelled or causes they believed were worthwhile. But as common people, we never so much think we leave a legacy - but we do. Our legacy can be something we have control over or if we don't, our loved ones will create one from their memories. The question is, do they have good memories or negative ones?

As I now enter the second half of my life, my thought is, a head stone or burial plot is not suffice for me. In fact, in order for me to reach the moment we all live for, an optimistic end, I truly believe my creator is going to hold out and wait for me to offer something wonderful for future generations to carry on. My task is to convey a selfless act which defy's my selfishness. I know I have it in me and it feels good to admit this might be the first step to creating my legacy. What will be yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment