Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Empty Nest


Many drastic changes happen as we get older. Not being a father myself, I can only imagine one of the hardest transitions would be when your offspring leave for college or move out on their own. What stage in life this happens varies for everyone and which stage it happens will have a profound effect on how one deals with this change. For the young parents, (my assumption) this can be an adventurous beginning while the more mature parents find it to be a great loss. I'm sure as I look for links for this Topic I'm bound to be enlightened as I do every time I blog. For me, I have dogs. As they age, and it seems to be happening quite fast these days, you see their disposition begin to change. Their physical appearance changes and you do think, what's it gonna be like when they are not around. I guess the only difference for me aside from parents with offspring is my kids to no grow up and go to college. My dogs however do eventually leave the nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment