Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fitness On the Go


Since my job is being a crew member for a commercial airline, people often wonder where I find time or resources to maintain my exercise regimen during my travels. What they do not know, most hotels today have conformed to the needs of the fitness enthusiast. These hotels actually contain, if not a full service athletic club, at the least, a dedicated exercise room with new, state of the art, equipment. Growing ever popular are the cardiovascular machines, complete with it's own fan and HDTV built into it's console. Quite frequently there are also popular gyms near the hotel. The hotel's front desk staff may furnish you with a day pass to these facilities. In many cases, your hotel may be situated near running trails or parks. Recently while in Minneapolis I took advantage of a natural reserve near my hotel and went for a peaceful wilderness run. My point being, there's no excuse for me to skip a workout unless to just relax and take a break - and that's OK once in a while. On the occasion I'm able to find a popular gym like Golds, 24 hour, Balley's or YMCA near my hotel, I put more effort into a full workout so when back home I have plenty of time for more important things in life - like laundry, dust or vacuum. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment