Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sleep


Just in: USA TODAY 8-27-09

It seems like I rarely achieve a full nights sleep. They say 8 hours is adequate, yet I only get 6-7 of this peaceful experience. I do feel rested after my typical shorter than suggested amount, but I wish I could just roll over and sleep more. It amazes me when my significant other has the ability to doze until almost noon on occasion.

Eating well, exercising mind and body are key to a healthy life, yet nothing is more important than rest or even more to the point, sleep. The body does not repair or rejuvenate without going into a rem-cycle. A lot of medical professionals who prescribe sleep aids do not tell you some drugs block your body's ability to enter the rem-cycle. Most recently in our news we hear about Pop Superstar, Michael Jackson's battle with sleep deprivation. Though this is an extreme measure, it may bring to light the importance of getting proper rest without the assistance of medication. Eating well, and exercise will give way to a good nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment