Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Change of Life

When I was a kid, I remember my grandmother complaining about the temperature being too hot, when I was wearing a jacket. She would tell me it was all about the change in life. She said this happens to women as they get older and it was difficult at times for her to adjust to climate change. Additionally, I work as a flight attendant and I always notice when I work with more mature woman, the temperature on the plane is much colder.

Men and women together experience signs of aging. Our difference in physiology present us both with different types of physical changes. While men tend to slow down and notice their units become less reliable, woman have a process where their ability to be fertile stops. This is a condition called either peri menopause or menopause. Peri is the Latin/medical term for "around" or in the "vicinity" of the object or condition you attach it to and in this case, it's used to describe the beginning of menopause. These are phases in life where women have a tough time adjusting to climate, their moods, as well as physical change. Many women are assisted with these changes with medications or hormones prescribed by their doctors. This is a time in life where women need to be really in-tune with themselves and make the decisions which will project the outcome of the menopause phase. There are many conflicting studies regarding the use of hormones during this time in a woman's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment