Friday, January 1, 2010

Arrogance


Recently I read a blog which basically blindsidedly bashed my company. The blogger started out their story by praising my company then their tone changed rapidly. Starting out a topic with a positive is always a nice way to begin a critique, however this blogger did not do that because they titled the topic as, "The Curse of Arrogance."

Arrogance? What does it actually mean? - having or showing feelings of unwarranted importance out of overbearing pride. I invite anyone to read this blog and explain me how this word fits in this story. In my opinion, its not the airline employee in question.

It is not my intention to blast the author of the post, but when a person feels it necessary to attack a brand which has consistently proven to win over people with its culture, over a few incidents, also keep in mind these were incidents which were not directly involving them, is completely unfair.

How does this topic relate to my blog? In the topic "Crotchety" I discussed my lack of desire to express myself in a light which is non-progressive. As I read this story, my immediate thought was how sad it must be for an individual to be so unhappy they must find their emotional fix by speaking negatively about something so many millions of people think otherwise. This is a trait seen in many people as they grow older. It's always important if you intend to bash anyone or anything, you first observe every angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment